Monday, October 30, 2023

Edinburgh: Part 9 - Day 8: Back to Stockholm

Day 8
Here is a summary of what is spent on Day 8.

30/9 Day 8: Flight back to Stockholm

Costs
(A) Food
(1) Breakfast at Cafe Blush - Bagel with scrambled eggs £6.20, Regular mozzarella melt panani £8.75, Cappucino £3.30 each
(2) Lunch at Oink - Pulled hog roast roll (Oinks size) with apple sauce £7.20

The Story
30092023: Today, we fly back to Stockholm. We were both satisfied with our trip and looked forward to going back. This is how our Airbnb looked like. We were allowed to use the kitchen and the garden but we did not have time to do that. I would certainly have if I had time. The apartment was very cosy. Well, the owner lives here. 



For breakfast, we stopped at a random cafe that was opened at 8am. My boyfriend was very hungry so we stopped at the first cafe but we got our food about an hour later. I wished we went further because this cafe charged additional 10% to the amount to pay without informing us. 


We walked into town and enjoyed the walk, took random photos and soon, it was time for lunch. I found a restaurant called Oinks which served some yummy pulled pork in a bun.


This is my pulled pork wth sage and onion stuffing and apple sauce. Really good! The downside is that this place does not have a toilet.


Then, we took the tram back to the airport. We bought a return ticket when we arrived in Edinburgh. 

---------------------------

Here are the list of places I went. You can click on the link and be directed to the posts immediately. 

Day 1 - Arrived Edinburgh airport
Day 3 - Drive from Edinburgh to Portree
Day 4 - Explore Trotternish Loop (Post 1 and 2) - Fairy Glen, The Quiraing, Kilt Rock, Brother's Point, Old Man of Storr
Day 5 - Explore the other part of Isle of Skye - Fairy Pools, Talisker Distillery, Neist Point Lighthouse
Day 6 - Drive from Portree to Inverness. Stopped at Loch Ness and Eilean Donan Castle.
Day 7 - Drive from Inverness to Edinburgh. Went up Calton Hill
Day 8 - Flight back to Stockholm - this post

I have mentioned some of my expenses in each post and I did have other expenses which are not illustrated in the respective posts. For total and different category of expenses, I will sum it here.  

1) Flight - SEK4011
2) Accommodation (Airbnb) - SEK5231,63 per person
3) Food - SEK4376,06 (my expenses)
4) Car rental - SEK2516,13 per person (5 days)
5) Activities - SEK447,41 per person (entrance fees)
6) Petrol - SEK644,49 per person (3 times pumping)
7) Parking - SEK159,44 per person

Total Cost for the trip SEK17386,16 for 8 days, 7 nights. I was really pleased with this trip! An unforgettable birthday trip for me in beautiful Scotland. 

No comments: