Saturday, April 12, 2014

Paragliding : Jumping off Bukit Jugra

A few weeks back, I read in The Star newspaper about paragliding. It was a two page article. It caught my attention to look for the phone number. I have always wanted to try paragliding, and I thought the price may be too high. I googled (this has become an informal widely-accepted verb) and found the phone number of the couple who ran this business. They are Captain Ikhwan and his wife, Kak Orked. If you look for them in Facebook, the name used is Persatuan Luncur Udara Malaysia. Their contact numbers are 014-7187826 and 019-3564061. I made bookings for one fine Sunday at 2pm. Since it is Visit Malaysia Year 2014, the rate is RM180 and next year, it is RM200. If you have more than 5 persons, you can have the price of RM150 per pax. The flight is about 15 minutes. Some people get bored or scared and will request to land in about 3 minutes. 

23032014 - Today is the day I fly up into the skies and soar like a bird with the wind. I was very excited. My legs were wobbly just at the thought of it. My sister and I drove from Petaling Jaya to Bukit Jugra. Thank goodness Bukit Jugra Paragliding location is in Google Map and Waize. Thank you, map applications in my phone. It took us an hour drive. I did ask Capt. on the directions, and when I was on the road, I had not the slightest idea on when to take the junction. You definitely need Google Map. We took Elite Highway --> exit Saujana Putra --> SKVE --> pay the toll --> follow the route to Rejimen TUDM --> rely on Google Map. We reached there at 2pm. I recognised the green colour container in the open space. It was featured in the article. We went in and was greeted by the Captain and his wife.

In the container which I am pretty excited to be in, they showed us some videos of the paragliding. My legs went jell-o watching them. The Captain will also let us hold a GoPro camera to allow us to video and snap our photos during the flight. Then, we signed the Waiver of Risk declaration.








Then, we were off to the peak of Jugra Hill, the location where we will paraglide from. It was a short drive, about 5 minutes. The wind was crossing at the top. We were waiting for the wind from the south, but the wind was from the west. My sister was the first to go first. And you can see the photos below to see how it went. She was screaming out of excitement, and she closed her eyes a lot because she can't bear to look below. As for me, the GoPro memory card was full upon a few seconds of me flying up. Oh well, I am going to go another round the next time courtesy of the Captain! :-)






















It was an exhilarating feeling upon taking off. It was the best feeling to be up in the skies, far away from land, feeling the wind against your face, the sun heating up your face, and you see everything below like toys. It is worth the price. 

6 comments:

Pei Yee said...

Hi there,

I'm planning to go paragliding soon. Did Captain mention the price of RM150/pax if there is more than 5 ppl? He told me that it was originally RM200 but he reduced it to RM180 because I have 10 ppl.

Also, do you know if there are hiking trails around there for ppl who are not paragliding? Did you happen to see any?

That 'Heart' Traveller said...

Hi there. At that point of time, that was the rate quoted to me. They could have since changed the rate. I noticed people walking up to the peak of Jugra Hill while I was in the jeep. Lots of people doing it as a leisure walk. Its not a hiking trail per se but walking on an ascending tarred road to the peak. Hope the information helps.

karenelin said...

Hi, do you mean that the gopro is provided by the Pilots which is inclusive in the package we paid??

That 'Heart' Traveller said...

Hi. Yes. The pilot provided the GoPro in the package. You just need to bring the pendrive to transfer photos and video. I hope that arrangement has not changed. :)

nania said...

Can I know how much the price now

That 'Heart' Traveller said...

Hi Nania. According to a source, the price is RM180 but with a different operator. I think there are lots of providers that you can find on Facebook. :)