Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Maliau Basin : Part 5 - Day 3 Afternoon : Maliau Waterfalls

08072016 : After the 4 hour hike / trek from Ginseng Camp to Maliau Waterfalls, we have reached the falls. Ahh, to watch it in front of your eyes. Amazing-ness. The stones were hot when I removed my shoes. I probably have burnt my soles walking on the rocks and stones. 

"Maliau Falls is best known for its seven tiers falls. It is the largest of all the waterfalls known in the Maliau Basin Conservation Area, Sabah, Malaysia." (Source from Wikipedia)






I got to eat my lunch in front of the Waterfalls. What a view. Check out the lunch pack. It is so filling. It is simple but any food in the jungle tastes yummy. 




Some of us decided to walk until we were behind the waters. It is so cool to be behind the water curtain. To get here, there is a bit of a climb and one must be steady in its grip or you may fall inside the waters. Reaching there, I did not dare to jump inside, afraid of being sucked in just in case there is a water pool underneath or if it is too deep. Others sunbathed on the rocks. Some even managed to nap. I did not want to sit still because all the flies and bees were trying to drink up my sweat. 




A group photo of 19 of us! I got bitten by some ants from the walk back from the waterfalls and I immediately soaked my bum in the waters. Hence, the reason, I am sitting in the waters. Oh, I did not mention that the waters were warm, unlike freezing cold Ginseng Waterfalls. Probably it is because we were there at noon? After the group photo, we started our journey back at 2pm.


On the way back, Uncle Mak saw this 5-tier mushroom.



This mushroom reminds me of a wizard's hat. If the mushroom looks perfect, don't touch it because it is poisonous, as the animals did not even touch them, hence, the perfect look.



We reached back by 5pm, a 3-hour walk. This time, we did not stop too much to take photos. Back at Ginseng Camp, the guide had fried some fries for us. Oh so yummy! I did a quick cold shower in the toilet. The water is from Ginseng Waterfalls, and if you have not read it yet, Ginseng Waterfalls is freezing cold. 


Look at the dinner prepared for us. I am so thankful that our guide can cook! Stir fried cabbage, pumpkin, tomato omelette, fried chicken wings and stir fried chicken wings. Gosh. I took a few helpings. 



This is our bedroom in Ginseng Camp. I took an antihistamine pill because my swelling on the toe from the bee or wasp bite on Day 1 has not subsided yet. Tomorrow, we are headed back.


No comments: