Thursday, August 11, 2022

Inlandsbanan: Part 7 - Day 7: Dundret nature reserve

Here is a summary of what is spent on Day 7.

25/7: Hiked at at nearby nature reserve. 

Costs
(1) Lunch - SEK120
(2) Dinner at Steakhouse, Grand Hotel - Sirloin steak 200g SEK419, alcohol-free red wine SEK49, Iberico rib (companions) SEK379

The Story
25072022 - Today, we spend the day in Gällivare as we arrived here the evening before at about 10pm. So, it made sense to spend a day here. Our accommodation included breakfast too so, before breakfast, I went around the house and took photos. The house gives a homey and cosy feeling.








This is our breakfast. The usual Swedish breakfast. Yoghurt, cereal, orange juice, bread, sausages and of course, coffee.



There are two small guesthouses right beside the main house. It would have been nice to have our own space. 



After breakfast, we took a walk to Dundret nature reserve. It started to rain even before we reached the nature reserve. I did not think it will bother me so much. Yet.






It was hilarious when we crossed the bridge to the other side, the other side is also called 'Other Side' in Swedish. It is great to have simple road names. In Swedish, there are different prepositions to differentiate a direction or name of a place. I suppose it will not be confusing for a Swede as long as you use the right preposition.




We have arrived at Dundret nature reserve.




Here, we were unsure which path to take but my companions were confident to take the left path.



It was scary to cross this make-shift bridge with the rushing waters beneath me.




We turned back midway because my hands were aching from the cold rain and we did not seem to be able to reach the top. The rain does not seem like it was going to stop.


We went back to our hostel, rested there and headed out for dinner. I realised that I did not have any photos of my lunch. My companions have already planned that we shall have dinner in a restaurant in Grand Hotel. I imagined sky-rocketing prices but the majority always wins and they somehow have less worries about monies. 

Appetiser is complimentary bread and butter. I had sirloin steak and my companions had Iberico steak. I did not know how to enjoy fine dining. I felt stiff in a fine dining environment.



No comments: