Thursday, February 13, 2020

Abisko: Part 6 - Day 4 & 5: Back to Stockholm

Day 4
Here is a summary of what is spent on Day 4.

2/2 Day 4: Leave Abisko at 12pm.
3/2 Day 5: Arrive Stockholm Central Station 6.45am

Must-Incur Costs
None

Optional Costs
None

The Story
02022020: We checked out from the cottage at 10am and waited for our 12pm bus at STF Abisko main building. It was a replacement bus from SJ since trains are still not allowed to drive to Abisko due to the derailing works. 






The bus took us to Kiruna station where we took the next bus to Gällivare train station. From there, the train took us to Boden Central where we changed to the overnight train to Stockholm Central. 









What a fantastic trip it was! I managed to fulfil my dreams to see the Northern Lights! I was keen to go to the North and I was determined to make it happen, even if I have to go alone, but of course, it will not be as fun. I will definitely not hesitate to go again to Abisko during winter!

In total, my costs are SEK1946 (train) + SEK1820 (accommodation and 2 dinners with STF Abisko) + SEK1595 (dog sledding) + SEK90 (shared meal) = SEK5451. 

No comments: