Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Abisko: Part 4 - Day 3 Afternoon: Walk to Canyon and Bird Hill

Day 3 Afternoon
Here is a summary of what is spent on Day 3 Afternoon.

1/2 Day 3 Afternoon: Canyon --> Bird Hill (Fågelkullen - pronounced at four-girl cool-len)

Must-Incur Costs
None

Optional Costs
None

The Story
01022020 Afternoon: After dog sledding, we went back to our cottage for lunch. Then, we decided to take a walk around Abisko. There are many nature paths in Abisko. The famous Kungsleden (King's Trail) begins from Abisko. We took a walk to the Canyon.


I have my Russian winter hat which I bought in Estonia. It really kept me warm. I was so afraid that I will not survive in Abisko but I did. My wrists and hands did not ache. I bought long mittens from Naturkompaniet. I was so happy with this purchase! I brought ski pants and wool tights. The only thing that was not properly shielded is my face. I had a thin buff on me but it worked fine, except when then there is wind and my lips get frozen.






We walked under a tunnel that has paintings by a Sami artist and Sami music was played in the tunnel.



Ta-da, we reached the Canyon. Frozen waterfall and river. Gorgeous creation of Mother Nature.






Then, we saw a sign towards The Bird Hill. There were no markings of the distances. So, we trudged in the snow in a gradual uphill.






The view from the peak of Bird Hill. There was a slight strong wind at the top.


We made our way back to the cottage to get us ready for dinner.

No comments: