Friday, October 12, 2018

Happy birthday Ing

I have not written much about you but it does not mean you are forgotten. Of course not. I mean, who forgets the sister who chased me around the house with a letter-opener just because I was annoying? Who forgets the sister who allowed me to see her give birth? 

Has it been 4 years now? Yes, it has. I never thought that I will survive the years pass by without the 2 of you. But I did survive. We get used to it. We get used to your absence. 

Occasionally, I dream about you. 

I read a book in Swedish class about a man who lost his brother when he was 14 and the brother was 16. Fast forward to the man being in his golden age and he could only remember his brother being 16 and the image of his brother will forever be that. It reminded me of the both of you. Now, I am in my mid 30s, I will always remember you at you being 32 and Ti being 29. Both of you never got a chance to be 35. When I read of someone who wished themselves dead or complained being old, I think to myself - My sisters never got that choice. They will never get the chance to age. You don't know how lucky you are to be alive and experience the phases of life

Happy birthday, Ing.