Sunday, July 8, 2018

Norrland Sweden : Part 16 - Summary of the Norrland Drive (Route and Expenses)

The reason you are reading this post is probably of 2 reasons:

1) You have been diligently reading all my posts on my Norrland Sweden road trip and has reached here
2) You happen to google on Norrland Sweden and this is what you got.

For either reasons, you have reached to the summary of my 9-day holiday in Norrland. In my previous 15 posts, I have broken down my itinerary into each place and its respective routes with some descriptions. I am not very good in illustrating places and hence has posted a lot of photos for you to decide if the place is worth a visit.

Norrland is not a top choice for most people to go to unless you love nature and a laidback trip that does not involve shopping or huge cultural monuments. Norrland is a quiet place full of Mother Nature's extraordinary creations and one must love to drive to enjoy Norrland. 

The Route
Here, I present to you the map of our drive. From Stockholm to Norrland with a little detour to Norway and back to Stockholm again. In total, this took up 4,607km spanned across 9 days. I am not entirely sure of the route Prof Sweet Tooth used but the map below is the gist of it. I started the trip from Stockholm because I have moved to Stockholm since last year. Anyway, all our road trips had always started from Stockholm because I flew to Sweden as he is afraid of flying. Our first road trip we did together was in 2015 to Pyrenees



From Day 1 to Day 2, we drove from Stockholm to somewhat middle of Norrland. My posts are broken down into below:



From Day 3 to Day 6, we entered Lappland and soon to our ultimate destination in Kiruna to hike Mount Kebnekaise. My posts are broken down into below:



After Kebnekaise, we detoured into Norway. We were only there for a day and drove into Finland for 3 hours where we got to see a reindeer farm, and then back into Sweden.



The Expenses

I have listed down some of my expenses in each post. But for total and different category of expenses, I will sum it here.  

1) Petrol - SEK3,622.94
2) Food - SEK2,455.84
3) Parking - SEK60  
4) Miscellaneous (shower at Nikkaluokta) - SEK60

Total Cost for us = SEK6,198.78. That is about SEK3,099.39 per person. Let's round it up to SEK3,100 / RM1,550. It is not too bad. I guess we did save a lot on accommodation since we slept in the car. We saw lots of caravans / camper cars / motorhome / modified vans where they sleep and cook more comfortably. 

Does my posts inspire you to go to the North? I hope they do incite a bit of curiousity. Norrland is magnificent. Truly. 

No comments: