Sunday, August 6, 2017

Holland : Part 4 - Day 4 Morning: Bloemendaal and Tulip Inn Amsterdam Riverside

Day 4 (Morning) of Holland Drive

Here is a summary of what is spent on Day 4 Morning. 

18/7 Day 4: Bloemendaal Parking -- Tulip Inn Amsterdam Riverside : Spent 3 days in Amsterdam (from 18/7 to 20/7) 

Must-Incur Costs

(1) 18/7 to 20/7 - Accommodation at Tulip Inn Amsterdam Riverside for 2 nights for 2 persons (EUR176.24)

Optional Costs 

(1) 2-day Parking in Tulip Inn - EUR25 (EUR12.50 for 24 hours)

The Story

180717 Morning : We left the parking spot in Bloemendaal Parking at 9.30am and decided to go for a walk in the neighbourhood. We saw a lot of camp operators. I guess lots of the locals want to get away from the city life and spend some time in the nature - going for walks or play in the sand.

Prof Sweet Tooth found parking in an open area which is close to a short walking trail. Nearby was a restaurant - De Bokkedorns. Oh I just saw in Google that this is a 1-star Michelin restaurant. I have never been to a Michelin restaurant. I shall put it in my wishlist to try this sort of restaurant when I am rich enough. Haha!



This is the trail we took. We saw lots of walkers with their dogs. It was sunny and not too windy. 






Then, we found ourselves exiting the trail into the main road, far from the parking. So, we walked back. We saw lots of cyclists enjoying the breeze. Then, I realised this was not a very hilly area, and it would have been a nice walk in the nature here close to the camping grounds. It is not too steep and there are not many trees here.





After a 45-minute walk, we decide to head to town to check-in to the hotel I have booked earlier. I chose this place because there were parking facilities but I did not realise there is a fee for it - EUR12.50 for 24 hours. The receptionist has suggested a free parking available 300meters away which is part of a camp operator, but Prof Sweet Tooth has reservations about parking further with all the items in the car. I also did not realise how far this place was from town - about 10km away. Fortunately, there is a train station about 800meters away.

Just like its name, Tulip Inn Amsterdam Riverside, there is a river behind the hotel and if you choose a room with a river view, you get a ground floor room and you can see the river with people boating too. 





Oh I like that the hotel has lemon-infused and cucumber-infused water. I filled my water bottle with it, and Prof Sweet Tooth did not look too pleased about it. He is always against me making use of free stuff. Haha. Well, it's call - utilise the facilities of the hotel. 




Now that we have checked in, time to take the train and explore Amsterdam!

No comments: