Sunday, January 24, 2016

Gunung Angsi : New Year Day Hike

01012016 - Happy New Year! What a belated New Year post. For the first day of the year, my friends and I hiked up Gunung Angsi. We paid RM5 each to the Park Ranger before starting the hike. We went up the easier route which is the shorter route. It is a suitable hike for first-timers as the route is not steep. It was a never-ending walk straight up to the place where there are stalls. These stalls were empty today. Usually, they have the elderly brewing soup or tea for anyone who wish to have a taste. It was a pretty muddy walk today because it rained before we arrived.









It was very misty that morning too. Plus it is cold.


 

Group photo at the peak! I was obviously the one that did not belong to the group. Haha!
 


Check out a tree name call Big Dick. I have no idea why would a fallen tree trunk be named such.


Because of the muddy slope, one has to be careful in descending while using the rope. Luckily, I wore my Inov8 trail shoes and the grips were strong.


 


At the end of the hike, this is how muddy my shoes were.



That is us displaying how dirty our shoes were.

No comments: