Monday, December 21, 2015

Sweden : Part 13 - Day 6 Morning : Ostermalms Saluhall

23092015 - Today, I plan to visit Skansen but on the way, I stopped at Ostermalm Saluhall. I see nice statues which is not nude ones. Yay! To get to Ostermalms Saluhall, you must be in front of the Royal Dramatic Theatre, if you are, hopefully using the same route as me. Anyhow, Ostermalms Saluhall is very close to the Royal Dramatic Theatre. Oh do you remember the statue with the warm belly? The lady statue is at the corner of the Royal Dramatic Theatre. So, if you see lady statue or Royal Dramatic Theatre = near Ostermalms Saluhall. Another amazing identification of Ostermalms Saluhall is its balloons by the building.

I stopped at Ostermalms Saluhall because it is one of the must-visit food places in Stockholm. Also, because my sisters tell me to go here to see the food. Haha!





Östermalms Saluhall is a beautiful and well preserved historical document of urban residents interest in good food and over a century it´s been a veritable oasis for gourmets and gastronomes. So what are the similarities and differences between the food hall which opened in 1888 and then one in which we are shopping today? In fact, a significant part of the original interior remains. As the stalls beautiful carvings in dark lacquered wood and the design on tradors signs. But part is also changed. The original food hall was more colorful and decorated. The pillars were painted red and blue with walls of bright plaster had a red and blue frieze. In addition to clock, calendars and barometric the walls adorned of all sorts of maxims and a large vendor list. It´s a bit unclear when all this disappeared but who knows, maybe soon we once again adorn the walls with little thought-provoking lyrics. (Source from Ostermalmshallen)

Ostermalms is 125 years old! Actually it is 127 years old as of 2015. I have been warned that the food here cost a bomb. So, all I did was snap a lot of photos. The food hall is very clean. I love walking around here just looking at the food. Enjoy the photos! Sorry the post is short, but my words end here!





















No comments: