Monday, May 6, 2019

Riga: Part 2 - Day 2 Morning: Arrival in Riga and AirBnb

Day 2
Here is a summary of what is spent on Day 2.

19/4 Day 2 Morning: Arrival at Riga Harbour at 11am (10am Latvia time) -- walk to AirBnb (3km distance) 

Must-Incur Costs
(1) AirBnb - SEK197.30 per person. Total cost is SEK789.18. It costs SEK627.27 for one-night stay. The remaining charges were cleaning charges of SEK52.27 and AirBnb charges of SEK109.64.

Optional Costs
(1) Breakfast buffet on the ship -  SEK126

The Story
19042019 Morning: My friend had paid for a buffet breakfast in advance and so here I am, enjoying the buffet breakfast. If I were to travel alone, I would not have purchased this. I did enjoy the meal and I did not mind paying for it but if given a choice and me travelling alone, then I would opt out on this. I ate a heavy breakfast so I won't feel too hungry for lunch.



The first sight of land. We are entering Riga coast now.


Finally, we arrived at Riga Harbour. It is not a huge harbour. We walked for about 45 minutes to our AirBnb. 




We crossed through a lovely park that has a number of sculptures and a Chinese Pavilion and Arch.







Some of the buses in Riga are operated by electrical cables. I could even hear the current zapping when the buses' cables passed through the lines. The cables look messy to me. 



From afar, I saw a Russian Orthodox Church which we stepped in the next day. No photos were allowed inside. The interior is similar to the one I saw in Tallinn




We have arrived. Our AirBnb is located on Lāčplēša iela 26 on the 3rd floor. There were no lifts. It is an old building and the doors were old too. There were 2 doors to the apartment. The apartment is very clean, and has all the facilities we needed. We used the kitchen this evening to cook dinner and the next morning for breakfast. There is even a hair dryer and hair straightener in the bathroom. 







This is a sofa-bed. My friend and I slept here.



The other friend and her son slept in the other room. 









We rested for an hour and proceeded to explore Old Town.

No comments: