Monday, December 19, 2016

It is your birthday

Happy 32nd birthday, Ti.

It would have been a milestone I wished I could have celebrated for you. Many events have transpired since a year back. Bad and good. Sad and happy. Tough and easy. I would have shared them with you. You would have been the first person I approached. Somehow, I became good in keeping my thoughts to myself. Well, sometimes only.

Do you know I dreamt of you and Ing when I was in Kilimanjaro? I was feeling so sick that I wandered if I could make it, and the both of you appeared in my dreams. Ing was driving Pa's car and she smashed it into an electrical pole, and Ing was laughing. You were quiet. You were at fault because you told Ing to drive that route to collect a CD. I panicked and I said we needed to call the insurance. When I woke up, I wanted to share with you on the dream but I forgot for a second that the both of you are no longer around. I guess the altitude change must have messed up my head. Did you appear to give me comfort that you were with me all the way?

Then, I dreamt of you during my Romanian road trip where you instructed me on how to cut a corpse of a famous singer. You were involved in some crime and told me to cut the corpse into half. 

Yesterday, I was clearing your old makeup and I asked loudly if you allowed me to do so, and if you don't, just give me a sign. Then, the song 'Let it Go' from the Frozen soundtrack appeared on my radio phone. That song reminded me of you when it first got released because the cartoon was about sisters who stood by each other. Everytime I hear that song, I think of you. When I heard the song yesterday, I took it as an approval from you to clear your old make-up. Haha. 

It has been about 2.5 years now since all of you left and I always wished it never happen. But I can't.  

Wherever you are, Happy Birthday.