Sunday, May 15, 2016

Outdoor World Adventure : Outdoor Items

14052016 - Today morning, I woke up intending to buy my pair of trekking pants. I have wanted to make this purchase as I have only one proper pair of trekking pants which I bought in Nepal. I bought 2 from Nepal but one was not comfortable to wear anymore. I believe that with the proper attire, one can enjoy whatever they are doing. I searched for trekking pants in the hiking group "Hiking and Camping Around Malaysia" in Facebook. There came out 2 options - Abe Mat Trading in Shah Alam and Outdoor World Adventure in Seri Kembangan. I am aware that one can probably buy trekking pants in departmental stores or proper stores in the mall but they are way out of my budget. 

I chose to go to Abe Mat Trading first because it was nearer to my place. The shop sells various outdoor stuff and trekking pants which were imported from China. As the China brand does not have a specific size, one has to try the pants. I selected 2 and also found a hat that covers the neck and the face. I am not sure what is the name of the hat but in Malay, it is called - Topi Ladang translated as Farm Hat. I was excited about my find and was ready to pay but the staff gave me a different price which was higher than what was initially promised. I don't think that is the way to do business. A verbal promise is the reason why I agreed to buy the stuff. I was not pleased about that and it happened to both my trekking pants and farm hat, so I left the place.  

I went to Outdoor World Adventure which was a bit further. The place is located next to Hotel Sun Inns. Can you see the address in the name card - No 2-B, Jalan Dagang Sb 4/2, Taman Sungai Besi Indah, 43000 Mines, Seri Kembangan. And to my luck, they have what I need to. So, here I am sharing my purchase. 



The choices of trekking pants are limited. They are not from China though. The sizes are specific and I purchased 2 after 15 minutes. I spent an hour plus in the first location trying out the trekking pants. I also got my pair of leech socks! Yay. A glove liner. A Farm Hat. And a spork - spoon and fork. You can see in my last 2 photos on how the Farm Hat looks like. I am unsure on the authenticity of the brands but I like them. 

The prices:

Trekking Pants (Arc'teryx brand) - RM135 each 
Gloves - RM5
Leech Socks - RM24 (20% discount - before is RM30)
Farm Hat (Jack Wolfskin brand) - RM39.20 (20% discount - before is RM49) 
Spork - RM15




No comments: