Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sweden : Part 6 - Day 4 Morning : Check-in to Hostel Bed and Breakfast

21092015 - Today, I check in to Hostel Bed and Breakfast in Stockholm town. It is a very strategic place because it is located opposite a train station - green line stop Rehnsgatan. You don't have to worry about big vehicles while crossing the road, as I write that it is 'opposite', because this hostel is located at the end of a street. It is a dead end. No vehicles will enter here unless they are making a U-turn. It is about 10 minutes straight walk to Central Station. I booked a bed in a 4-mixed room which is the cheapest rate. SEK320 per night with breakfast too! I love that deal because food in Stockholm is so expensive! Every morning, I eat a very heavy breakfast - a bowl of yogurt with cereals, sandwich with 2 pieces of chicken ham or beef ham with cucumber and 2 pieces of cheese, glass of orange juice and cup of coffee. Of course, the breakfast gets digested within an hour walking in Stockholm with the cold weather. Then, I pack a sandwich for my lunch too. Hehe! Money saved! I also paid SEK60 for clean sheets and towel. I stayed here for 4 nights. In total, SEK1340.

Back to the photos of the hostel. I booked it the day before and I was so fortunate to get a spot. Maybe because I booked it from Monday to Thursday. It was not the weekend yet. The hostel emailed me a code to enter the main door, and also a code to enter into my room. It is a very secured hostel. I like. Plus it is really clean. Toilets are clean. Kitchen is clean. Living room is clean. Bedroom is clean. Who does not love clean places?




There were lots of information on the notice board in the hostel, and also pamphlets of places to visit.


The living room / dining room. There are 2 computers to be used. Also, I forgot to mention there is free WiFi.

 



Welcome to my room! Do you see the code thing? So only my room mates and the hostel receptionist can enter. Plus, I forgot to mention the hallway is also sensor-activated. No moving objects, no lights. This is what I call save the environment!





You can even wash your clothes here. I did not wash mine because it is expensive. And charges for the dryer is separate too. The bathroom has a sensory light where it switches off and on by itself with the presence of humans. Or probably anything that moves.


Just like most hostels of Hostelling International (HI) - you can see the logo of HI on the first photo, you can cook in the kitchen. There is a refrigerator to store your items. Make sure you label them.



This is the breakfast set I was referring to. Food that last me through the day.





After checking in, I took a nice long hot shower. Put on some not-so-clean-but-not-too-dirty clothes. Off I go to explore Stockholm! 

In case you are wondering how to get to this hostel, here are the directions that were emailed to me:

Directions
(1) By car: From the E4 or E20 (E18), follow the signs to "Centrum", and that will take you onto Sveavägen. Drive 400 meters past the Hard Rock Café on the corner of Odengatan and Sveavägen, and you will see the Hostel on your left, opposite the park called Observatorielunden. There is no entry to Rehnsgatan from Sveavägen, so you will have to drive a further three blocks, and then turn left into the street called Tegnérgatan, and then take the next left into Luntmakargatan. Drive for 3 more blocks, and then turn left again into Rehnsgatan - the Hostel is 50 meters away at the end of the street.

(2) From the central Station by subway: From Central Station you can take the subway (Tunnelbanan) from T-centralen to the Hostel. Take the green line north (remember to enter the train in the front) for two stops to the station called Rådmansgatan. Follow exit sign marked "Handelshögskolan" and then take the stairs up on the right to "Sveavägen". When you come to the top, you will be on "Sveavägen", and "Rehnsgatan"will be direcly to your left - you will see the Hostel stright across from you on the other side of Rehnsgatan.

(3) By plane: From Arlanda, you can choose to take the flight bus or the Express train. The train is more expensive than the bus, but makes the journey in about half the time (20 minutes instead of 40 minutes.) Bus goes to the City Terminal (Stockholm) and the express train goes to the Central Station (Stockholm). You can also take a taxi from Arlanda airport to the Hostel for about 500:-sek for the car.

1 comment:

P.H. said...

Truly one of the best areas to have as a base when one visit Stockholm as a tourist. Oh, I feel so hungry for marmelade now... ;-)

I agree on the quality of cleaness on such place.